Spicy Fried Cauliflower Wings
Updated: Oct 1, 2018
When you want something fried, this will definitely fill that void. These cauliflower wings are fried until golden, brown, and have the perfect amount of spice. We had ours with a side of mashed potatoes and corn on the cobb, but of course you can pair it with whatever you like!
• 1/2 cup all purpose flour
• 1/2 cup cornstarch
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 tbsp. cayenne pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
• 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
• 1/3 cup Nando's peri peri hot sauce
• 1/4 cup unsweetened non- dairy milk
• 5 cups frying oil
• 1 Large head of cauliflower, cut into large florets.
1. In a medium sized bowl combine the flour, cornstarch, salt, cayenne pepper, white pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, Old Bay, and nutritional yeast.
2. In another bowl combine the hot sauce, and milk, and whisk together.
3. Heat the frying oil in a large cast iron skillet or fryer.
4. Use one hand to carefully dip a cauliflower floret into the wet mixture, then drop it into the flour mixture. Use your other hand (it should be dry) to coat it completely. Dip it back into the hot sauce mixture, and again into the dry mixture, keeping one hand for the wet mixture and one for the dry mixture.
5. Carefully lower the coated cauliflower into the hot oil. Repeat with remaining cauliflower until you can’t fit anymore into the pot. Cook for about 4- 5 minutes, until they are golden.
6. Transfer fried cauliflower to a large plate covered with paper towel to absorb excess oil.
7. Serve HOT!